Every day the Hancock County Public Library helps people write new chapters in their lives. We need people with energy and passion to help us make a difference in the lives of the people of Hancock County. Let the library be the next chapter in your career story.
You’ll be working with all different types of patrons who value what we do and with employees who love what they do. When we ask our staff what they like the best about working here, the most common answer is the people they get to work with and help every day.
Circulation Clerk (Part-Time)
Applications due December 20, 2021. Start date week of January 24, 2022. Submit application to email@example.com or to either library location.
- Excellent customer service skills, punctuality, positive attitude, and professionalism.
- High school diploma required, and some college hours preferred.
- 15–30 hours per week depending on staffing needs. Year-round position. Starting pay $9.00+, 12 paid holidays, paid time off after 90 days, bereavement days, and potential full-time opportunity in the future.
- Work schedule will be some Tuesday/Thursday evenings until 7:00pm, and some Saturdays 8:30am–1:00pm. Some regular days 8:30am–5:00pm will be scheduled. The schedule is normally known a month ahead of time. We use a form of flex scheduling.
- The position requires assisting patrons in finding materials, organizational skills, working with all ages, and other responsibilities as listed in the job description.
- Computer skills required. Experience using mobile devices is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically, multitask, and give directions.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, reach, and climb a step stool, frequently.
- Interest in helping people and being involved in library activities on a daily basis.
We always welcome applications, and your application will be kept on file for one year in the event of future job openings.
You can pick up an application at either of our locations or download it here.